Connect with us

awards

Flash Light: Meet Kyambogo Student Lamara Gloria As The Personality Of The Year, This Year’s Campasstv Edition 2022

Published

on

Lamara Gloria is a undergraduate student Of Bachelor of Arts in Education .She was a former NUP flag contestant who lead a campaign based on student centred leadership. She is a student activist and a feminist for human rights .She has been on the fore front to liberate and fight for student’s rights. She is a language teacher by profession and she has a dream to become an Member of parliament in her home area in 2026 with time she will be declaring her political stand soon.
” I was horrified to witness how this lady’s political party meaninglessly took her through intra-party vetting during past guild elections.

Although she triumphed and won the internal vetting processes of the party, some spineless malicious party-leaders undermined her as flag-bearer based on the flimsy excuses of her ethnicity as an Acholi and her gender as a woman. Instead, these spineless malicious NUP leaders threw their weight behind her previous competitor in the past guild elections, a man from the central of Uganda. When will political parties end this misogynistic and patriarchal undermining of strong women? “says djcampus

Comrade Lamara Gloria, I celebrate you! You are a brilliant star. You are a strong woman. You are an exemplar and role model to many girls and young women. ” I salute you for representing women in the race for guild presidency during the recent concluded Kyambogo guild elections. I applaud you for putting up a spirited fight against adversaries at multiple levels. From one strong woman to another, I am proud of you ,” says djcampus

According to our sources Lamara Gloria made her name after raising her voice against injustices in Uganda. She became a prominent public advocate for human rights in 2021 before joining active politics

However our scoop contacted her through phone call and asked her why Kyambogo students still believe in her as their inspirational leader. This is what she said, inspirational aspects and values and principles create positive change she stood for during hardest situations granted her support and love from students and that’s the reason why Kyambogo students still believe in me as their legitimate guild president basing on the campaigns l ran though am not in office serving their interests . She quoted a powerful statement ” l have a dream speech having the quality to inspire”.

As today Lamara Gloria is among the powerful resilient young women in the country that have sacrificed their values to achieve a result

Continue Reading
9 Comments

9 Comments

1. Odochi

September 9, 2022 at 9:23 am

Owaaafeee

2. Monic

September 9, 2022 at 11:45 am

My president forever ❤️✊

3. Nsamba Christine Amosa

September 9, 2022 at 2:52 pm

You made me believe that women can really rule this world which is really indeed my dream. I strongly believe that this country will one day be in the right hands. ✊✊✊✊ Let’s keep supporting fellow women in their leadership journey. #Women can rule as well. @Nsamba Xtine Amosa

4. Lamara Gloria

September 9, 2022 at 4:13 pm

Thank you Compass TV, I am not free while any woman is unfree. Even when her shackles are very different from my own.
    Thank you for your continous and tremendous support towards the girl child. May you live to make your mother’s and wives proud.

5. Vuso Pious

September 9, 2022 at 11:18 pm

Question of all questions is what is her stand towards the forthcoming Guild election. I still believe she has the followers and it will be of great importance if we see her on the forefront to inspire many girls.

6. Bryan onen aka acholi's finest

September 10, 2022 at 4:55 am

A political moster ,inspirational ,motivational , determined and so brave .a girl should not be underminded Lamara Gloria Aka bulldozer to me I term her my role model within political arena and may her lengancy live forever regardless of payment political party #lamara kutiiko kyambogo kutiikoo #acholi lioness

7. Bryan onen aka acholi's finest

September 10, 2022 at 4:59 am

May you keep on with the move you started forever tulimustruggle #lamara NUP candidate pakalast

8. Nasasa

September 16, 2022 at 5:57 pm

Extra ordinary lady she is.lamaragloria@strongironlady

9. 585

December 11, 2022 at 12:21 am

Pretty section off content. I just stumbled upoon your website andd iin accession cspital to aassert that I get in fact enjoyed aaccount your blog posts.

Anny wayy I wikll be subscribing to you feeds aand even I achiecement you access consistently rapidly.