Connect with us

Top News

So touching : kyambogo University student cries out for help

Published

on

Rita a second year student from faculty of Art’s and social science is depressed and she looks out for advice and help from fellow students or general public at large as she narrates the story below;
Heloo every one, am Rita a 24year student from kyambogo University persuing bachelor degree in Art’s with education,when I was 21 year old and had just joined the University,I got pregnant from my boyfriend from faculty of science and discovered that I was having twins and I decided to take a dead year.My boyfriend shifted me from one of the hostels called Choice hostel and we had to rent a room until when I gave birth. After giving birth and few months had passed, he broke up with me and Said that he is not willing to settle with my family because he was student too.
After I had recovered,I moved and went back to school.Because I was financially unstable,I decided to get another boyfriend who is taking care of me currently though he is a student too at makerere University. Life move on for aperiod of months, on 28th April this year 2022, I discovered that was pregnant again and I found out this week that am having twins.My boyfriend is telling me not abort that he is willing to take care of me however my biggest fear is him leaving me as the first boyfriend did.
My parents don’t know about this and the other first Twins ,I don’t see the guy with the capacity to take the responsibilities that it come with. Even at home parents are financial struggling to pay for my tuition.
Currently am in my intern, fellow students and the public at large am requesting for your advice and support whether I can abort or not by commenting on the section below. How can I even have 4 children without completing school.

Continue Reading
10 Comments

10 Comments

1. Jackie

May 13, 2022 at 7:52 pm

Sorry dear but don’t abort just take heart en give birth there’s a way for you my dear

2. Winfred Kyosaba Biribonwa

May 13, 2022 at 7:59 pm

Dear Rita, I can imagine how you feel because of what you are going through. Depression is one of the mental health issues that require immediate intervention. I request that you reach me on 0772360111 for guidance and Counselling. I am Counsellor Winfred from the Kyambogo University Guidance and Counselling Unit and ready to journey with you. Never give up, together we can overcome

3. Robert Kuloba

May 13, 2022 at 8:18 pm

If the guy is serious, let him introduce you to his family. Much as he is still a student, his parents may have the ability to look after you and the children until the guy stabilizes. Abortion may not be the solution, more so that you are carrying twins it would be very dangerous.

4. Charlotte Namuyimbwa

May 13, 2022 at 8:53 pm

Dear Rita, this could be a very difficult time for you but you can try getting help from the counseling unit in kyambogo university and if not please reach me from this email namuyimbwacharlotte@gmail.com

• odochi Emmanuel

May 14, 2022 at 11:38 am

Thanks Charlotte for the advice

5. Muyanja Derrick

May 13, 2022 at 10:50 pm

Dear Ritah..Abortion is not the best solution..If the guy is serious with you nd ready to take care of you and the twins it’s ok..Just allow him nd introduce him to ur parents as well as him introduces u to his parents too..Never mind life myt become simpler coz they can give u an upper hand until the guy stabilizes financially..From Derrick, (BAECON KYU, MBA MUK)

• odochi Emmanuel

May 14, 2022 at 11:38 am

Thanks you Derrick

6. Lindah chakhaza

May 14, 2022 at 12:18 pm

Am jhus a polled wiz you not being patient n struggle to take care v d fast one’s n immediately get someone else n cause u d same wen d fast are stl young. But abortion z not d solution. Jhus pray to God to make away for you n keep safe wiz your babies coz tings do happen. Av a family planning b4 another ting happens again.

7. Gladys, Counsellor Kyambogo University

May 14, 2022 at 12:21 pm

Life can be so challanging and full of regret. Thanks for sharing your story. you never know who those children will be in future. Abortion may not be the right decision as it comes with challanges. Let us continue to look out for support organisations.

8. Gladys Ananura

May 14, 2022 at 12:26 pm

Please reach out for support , at this point you may need emotional support to be able to process your feelings and disappoints. Please reach out to a near by Counsellor or come to the University Guidance and Counselling Unit Kyambogo University for support.