Pallas who allias Pius mayanja is a songwriter, producer and videographer who us flexible to various music genres including afro pop; afrobeat hip hop, dancehall and RnB.
As per his educational background, Pallaso completed his elementary education at Happy hours nursery and primary school before proceeding to Mengo senior school and Kasawo secondary school for his O level. joined the St Augustine College, Wakiso for his A level and later went to the USA to school at Pennsylvania high school. He also got a diploma at the College of Direct Studies.
He began his musical journey in 2000 under the musical group called Leone Island which was owned by his brother Jose chameleon and by this time he went by the stage name Lizard.He released his first single called Mudigidde in 2003 which was produced by his brother Chameleon and it had massive airplay on Radio Simba. Omulangira Ndauisi and Bobo king played it more often. In 2005 Pallaso left for the states and started working in the United States and he continued with his music career. He released a couple of songs and while in the states he rebranded himself from Lizard to Pallaso. He collaborated with a local rapper called The Mess who was living in Lewiston Maine and released a joint album titled change in 2013.
Pallaso is a father of two children namely Maisha Mayanja and Danari Mayanja but both children are of a mixed-race and their mum stays in the states.
In 2014, he teamed up with Shaggy and DJ Hidrro they released the song Remain in our hearts which was dedicated to the fallen heroes such as Michael Jackson and Notorious BIG. Later that he returned from the states and teamed up with Radio and Weasel under the Goodlyf crew and released a song called Amaaso which was a hit and brought back life to his music career and topped most of the music charts in Uganda. Pallaso went ahead and released solo music projects such as Weekoledewo kaki, omugongo and many more.The Goodlyf crew separated with Jeff Kiwa their manager and he teamed up Pallaso and opened up a group called Team No Sleep which had artists like Pallaso, Sheeba Kalungi, AK 47 and King Saha.
Pallaso’s has won various awards like
- Hipipo awards, the best artist in the Diaspora, 2014
- Buzz tenniez awards, flyest music video, 2014
- Buzz tenniez awards, hottest riddim, 2014
- Buzz tenniez awards, hottest collabo, 2014
- Rising star awards, hottest collabo, 2014
- Zzina awards, the inspirational song of the year, best collaboration, 2016
- Zzina a wards of 2021 as Artist of the year with songs like mallamu, ani oho etc
Here are the ten things you didn’t know about pallado
1. He was born Pius Mayanja. He named himself Pius Lizard when he got signed to Leone Island, a recording company owned by his elder brother Jose Chameleone.
2. He moved to the States and teamed up with American rapper Kage with whom they have done several tracks.
3. He has shared stage with great musicians like Shaggy, Sean Paul, Kevin Little among others.
4. In 2012, Pallaso and his team dedicated half the year to raising money for research and finding cure for breast cancer.
5. He was born and raised in Kawempe, a city suburb in Kampala, Uganda.
6. He is arguably Uganda’s most hated upcoming artiste after beating up Radio and Weasel recently.7. He weighs 74 kgs, heavier than both his elder singing brothers Chameleone and Weasel.
8. He has never sustained a relationship for a year.
9. He is the only Mayanja singer without a kid yet.
10. He is a song writer, producer and singer.