The Convocation of the Kyambogo University consists of:
- All persons who studied and completed a course of at least one academic year at Kyambogo University
- All persons who studied and competed a course of at least one academic year in all the former institutions (ITEK, UPK and UNISE), which merged to form Kyambogo University, and its affiliated institutions.
- All persons who studied and completed a course in all National Teachers Colleges in Uganda.
- Students admitted by Kyambogo University or seconded to other Universities for their studies.
- Certificate holders of less than one academic year of study approved by the University Council.
- Current and former members of the University Council.
- Current and former members of the Appointments Board.
- Current and former Vice Chancellors, Academic Registrars, Secretaries and Deans of Students.
- Recipients of Kyambogo University Honorary Degrees.
- Patrons of the Convocation.
- The Vice Chancellors, Directors, Principals and staff of constituent and affiliated institutions.
- Outside scholars on teaching and/or research at Kyambogo University.
- Corporate Membership shall include institutions and organizations that subscribe the aims and objectives of the Convocation.
KYAMBOGO UNIVERSITY CONVOCATION
To work together with the Kyambogo University Council and Management towards the development of the University and the realization of the goals cherished by the University and its old students, namely: the nurturing, promotion and protection of academic, intellectual, professional, technology, philosophical and ethical excellence in public and private domains for human and social development.
To mobilize the Alumni and well wishers to support the welfare and progress of the University and to participate in the enhancement and improvement of intellectual and material well-being of the University community including fostering unity and professional relation between fellow members of the Convocation and Kyambogo University.